1. Original Spicy Pumpkin recipes Soup
Here’s the best pumpkin recipe – the original pumpkin soup.
- 1 medium pumpkin
- head of onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 50 g butter
- ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of paprika,
- nutmeg on the tip of a knife
- 40 ml sherry
- 200 ml cream
- 0.5 l of vegetable broth
- 100 g pumpkin seeds
- 100 g onions
- 0.5 tsp of starch
- any croutons
- 2 tbsp. tablespoons of butter
- 200 g cherry tomatoes
- 6 tbsp. spoons of parmesan
- Wash and dry the pumpkin, cut off the top and remove the seeds first, and then all the pulp. Rinse and dry the seeds. We use part of the seeds in this dish, and I leave the other part for future use.
- Melt the butter and sauté the onion and garlic. Then add pieces of pumpkin and nutmeg, salt and pepper, pour in sherry (you don’t have to add), vegetable broth, and simmer everything for 20 minutes.
- After the time has elapsed, beat the mixture with a blender to make a puree and add the cream. The fat content of my cream is 20%.
- Roast the pumpkin seeds lightly. Dip the chopped onion in the starch mixture and fry in oil. And put it all in the ready-made puree soup.
- I usually made the croutons for this pureed soup myself (see the recipe here), but this time l took ready-made ones with bacon flavor. And you know l liked it. With different flavors of croutons, you will get a different taste of this of dish every time. This is amazing!
- I had a beautiful idea for serving this soup. You can pour the soup into the pumpkin and decorate the edges of the pumpkin beautifully. It seems to me it will look very nice.
Serve the cherry tomatoes and parmesan separately on a platter.
- Put the croutons in the soup last, so that they do not become soft, but retain their wonderful crunch.
- You can adjust the thickness of the soup yourself. Do this with broth or cream, or add a little more pumpkin.
We’d love to hear from you with ideas for serving this wonderful soup.
2. Recipe Stewed Pumpkin with Meat
Pumpkin goes well with any type of meat. Try this recipe, you can add your favorite spices that go well with the pumpkin. You can make the dish a little spicy, depending on your tastes.
- 500 g pumpkin pulp
- 300 g of any meat
- 1 tbsp. l. butter
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp honey
- 2 tbsp. l. lemon juice
- 0.5 tsp dried herbs.
- Cut the meat and pumpkin into small cubes.
- Place in separate bowls and marinade with the ingredients provided in this recipe.
Leave to marinate for half an hour, an hour, it all depends on the meat you choose.
- After the marinating time, fry the meat with your favorite oil. Combine the fried meat in a baking dish with a pumpkin.
Add a little butter, pour in the vegetable/meat broth, and bake in the oven for 50 minutes in the oven until tender.
You can add sour cream, it will not spoil the taste of your dish.
3. Baked pumpkin in sour cream sauce with garlic and herbs
Baked pumpkin in sour cream sauce is a good idea of a side dish for any meal, or it can be an independent dish for those who are on the right diet. You can easily remove this or that ingredient or add it on the contrary. For example beans.
- 0.5 kg pumpkin,
- 150 ml fat sour cream,
- 3-4 cloves of garlic,
- 1 bunch of parsley or dill
- Fry the pumpkin cut into cubes until golden brown, pour over the sour cream sauce with garlic and spices.
- Simmer for 10-15 minutes, covered.
- Add your favorite greens at the very end.
4. Greek pumpkin recipe
- 600 g of butternut squash pulp,
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 1 tbsp. l. olive oil,
- 1 tsp dried basil, if there is fresh it will be better,
- sea salt.
- Fry the diced pumpkin in olive oil until golden brown, salt, and season with basil.
- Add the grated sliced tomatoes and garlic to the pan.
- In the end, pour in a couple of tablespoons of water or vegetable broth and bake in the oven for half an hour.
You will get an amazingly tasty dish, the aroma will be amazing.
5. Pumpkin and garlic donuts
- 150 pumpkin puree,
- 150 ml of broth in which the pumpkin was boiled,
- 500-550 g of sifted flour,
- 1 egg,
- 1 tsp. Fast-acting yeast,
- 0.5 tbsp. l. sugar,
- 1 tbsp. l. butter,
- 1 tsp L. Salt.
- 2-3 cloves of garlic,
- 0.25 bunch of dill greens,
- 0.25 tsp. salt,
- 3 tbsp. l. vegetable oil.
- Dissolve yeast and sugar in warm pumpkin broth, when foamy “cap” appears, mix with egg, butter, pumpkin paste, salt, and flour.
- When the dough has doubled in volume, shape into buns, wait until they rise, and send to the oven.
- Pour hot donuts with a mixture of chopped herbs and garlic, vegetable oil, and salt.