If you are looking the best dehydrator for raw food then this article will be helpful. Your favorite foods can be dried and dehydrated with a food dehydrator, a compact appliance in the kitchen. A domestic dehydrator can also produce apple chips, beef jerky, and dried mango. The slow and low method uses low temperatures and for sustained periods of time to dry thinly sliced fresh fruit in a dehydrator.
The dehydrator is set and forget, so all you have to do is turn it on. In the background, the subtle heat absorbs moisture while intensifying the food’s flavors without removing the minerals. Therefore, herb flavors become more pungent, fruit tastes sweeter, and the meat becomes saltier.
Dehydration: A History
Food dehydration is not a new trend of our time. We are happy to use dried fruits, but we don’t think about how to get them like that. We use jerked and dried fish jerked meat and do not even think that all this is rooted in our past when our ancestors faced the question of preserving the obtained food in different climates. It turns out that we have a place with cultural traditions in the field of preserving the nutritional value of raw products.
Now, with food dryers, you get any dehydrated food with minimal effort from the comfort of your home. There is little to do: choose the best dehydrator!
The Dried Food Advantage
Dried fruits and vegetables are highly nutritious. Dehydrating retains the vitamins of your ingredients better than cooking methods like boiling. For example, pears and kale are full of water-soluble and heat-sensitive vitamin C. When you poach pears or boil kale the foods lose their immune-boosting potency.
Simply put, it is a raw food diet – a diet consisting only of raw foods that have not been rigorously processed like most modern foods.
What Are The Health Benefits Of Dehydrating at Home?
The health benefits of dried fruit make it an economical substitute for fresh fruits. High in calories and rich in antioxidants, foods like dried mangoes and banana chips are great choices. Although dried fruit is a good source of nutrition, purchased dried fruit from the supermarket often contains additives, preservatives, and sugar.
Homemade dehydrated foods are healthier than store-bought counterparts. With the best food dehydrator on hand, you can choose what goes into your fruit. Once you start making your dehydrated foods at home, you can customize them just the way you like them. Add more or less salt and spices to jerky. You may not want to add a lot of sugar to fresh fruit.
Are you wondering why you need a food desiccant?
Because the raw food diet does not include any processed foods, the food you can eat goes bad very quickly without the unnatural preservatives and other chemicals that are packed into processed food. It can be extremely wasteful to throw out all the food that has gone bad before you’ve eaten it, and it can be a disruptive hassle to have to drag yourself to the grocery store several times a week to replenish your fresh, natural food supply. A raw food dehydrator can be a lifesaver for those on the raw food diet. A dehydrator removes the water from fresh foods, such as fruits, vegetables, and other foods while still retaining its nutrients and flavor. After dehydration, raw food can remain in perfect condition for up to several months, which allows you to always have food on hand, even if you have not gone to the store for several weeks.
What you need to know before buying
Before purchasing a raw food dehydrator, it is important to have some knowledge of how to properly dehydrate various raw foods, starting with temperature control, what material the dehydrator is made of, and reading reviews of raw food dryers. When dehydrating raw foods, the food should not be heated to a temperature higher than one hundred eighteen degrees Fahrenheit. Temperature control is very important because, at temperatures over one hundred and eighteen degrees, raw foods begin to lose some of their sensitive enzymes and nutrients, which can affect their taste and health benefits.
Where to get recipes
Food dehydrators help expand the range of foods you can eat raw with many simple recipes. By mixing different dehydrated raw foods, you can unexpectedly end up with a delicious raw vegan food recipe without changing your diet. When you dehydrate different herbs or green herbs, you will get your herbal tea or your original seasoning. Each time you use a food dehydrator, you will create your own amazing dried foods recipes.
What characteristics are important when purchasing a dehydrator for raw food dehydration?
Before you start shopping and investing in a particular raw food dehydrator, it is important to know what the characteristics of a particular model are. Before buying a dehydrator, read reviews about raw food dryers.
One of the important characteristics when looking for a dehydrator is its size. There are two factors to consider here: how much raw food you want to dehydrate at a time and whether you can fit this or that model in your kitchen. You need to consider your budget, but not forgetting about the fact that the more raw food you cook at a time, the more you will save time and effort. Large dehydrators have nine to sixteen trays, while smaller, less efficient models have only four to five trays.
Another important feature is temperature control. The best dehydrators have built-in automatic digital timers with an adjustable thermostat, on other models, you have to adjust the temperature yourself to keep track of the food dehydration process throughout the entire process.
Power / Airflow
All food dehumidifiers have different heating elements with different power levels. The horizontal airflow models perfectly maintain an even drying temperature, thereby reducing the risk of mold growth while dehydrating raw food and retaining all the nutrients and enzymes in food during dehydration. More expensive models have dual fan technology.
All of these factors are important to consider before answering the fundamental question, “What is the best dehydrator for raw food?”
Homemade dehydration is not only great since you get delicious snacks, your own food made according to your recipes, it’s also easy and it saves you tons of money on top of that. Dehydrated foods retain their vitamins and minerals and, if stored properly, can be stored for a very long time.
When you take the process into your own hands, you save on exorbitant grocery store mark-ups. Buying your own dehydrator gives you the power of selection so you squander less and enjoy more. When it comes to freeze-drying foods, there is no better culinary trend for you and your family’s health and individuality.
Finding the best food dehydrator for your home
I think we have convinced you that having your own jerky, sun-dried tomatoes, zucchini, dried herbs, and fruits at home is healthy, convenient, and economical. If you’re ready to take the next step, here’s an overview of the best budget food dehydrators available today!
Raw Food Dehydrator Reviews and Our Picks:
We’ve narrowed your search and simplified the selection process to find the right food desiccant for you. Through our research and consultation with many raw foodists, we recommend the following best food dehydrators:
Excalibur 3926TCDB best Food Dehydrator
- CLEAR DOOR – The 3926TCDB features a clear door so that you can view progress without interrupting the drying process.
- SPACE – This 9-Tray dehydrator offers a total of 15 square feet of drying space and plenty of space for your favorite snacks.
- LOW AND SLOW FOR IMMUNITY BOOST – Cooking foods at a temperature no higher than 115-118 degrees in a dehydrator preserves nutrients and enzymes.
- HEALTHY SNACKS – Dehydrate fruits vegetables nuts meat for jerky fruit puree for fruit roll-ups raise bread or make homemade yogurt Great for large families gardeners and sportsmen
- TIME AND TEMPERATURE – Enjoy the 26-hour timer and adjustable thermostat that ranges from 105 degrees Fahrenheit to 165 degrees Fahrenheit The temperature range is low enough to preserve active enzymes in fruits and vegetables and high enough to meet safety standards for dehydrating meat for jerky
- PATENTED – Hyperwave technology and horizontal parallex drying removes water from food with a continuous circulation of thermostatically-controlled Warm air
- FEATURES – Includes easy to clean Flexible poly-screen tray Inserts to prevent foods from sticking and trays do not need to be moved or rotated during operation 7-Inch fan for increased air circulation
- Includes Guide to Dehydration
Dehydrator (dryer) Tribest Sedona Express SD-6780 black
- Horizontal airflow system. Featuring all-digital controls and display with a maximum temperature of 167 Fahrenheit/75 Celsius that conforms with USDA beef jerky preparation guidelines and a minimum temperature of 77 Fahrenheit/ 25 Celsius degrees allowing for fermenting cycles and raw foods preparation.
- Preservation of food tastes. The Sedona Express SD-6780 device is such that food and flavors will not mix, even if you put fish and apples, mushrooms, and raspberries in the dryer at the same time.
- Stainless steel pallets. They are even easier to wash. They began to better retain and transfer the heat of the air to the products placed in the dryer. In addition, pallets made of this metal are much more durable.
- TST function – two-stage thermal sensor. He will first warm up the dryer to the desired temperature and then set it to a minimum. It is obvious: acceleration of the dehydration process, energy savings, and complete safety against overheating.
- One fan instead of two. The power has reached 470 W, the dehydrator has become even more economical.
- Digital timer on the control panel. A timer is provided in one-hour increments (designed for 120 hours).
- Washable dust filter. The filter cleans the air streams before hitting the food, which makes drying almost sterile as opposed to drying in the open air.
- Tempered glass door and lighting inside the working chamber. This is very important because it becomes convenient to observe the progress of food preparation.
TSM Products Stainless Steel best Food Dehydrator
- Excellent for raw food diets or making natural snacks like jerky fruit leathers apple chips or any of your favorite dried fruits or vegetables
- 10 stainless steel trays
- 800 watt heating element and fan creates horizontal air flow. Maintains even dehydrating temperatures Adjustable thermostat; temperature range from 90º – 165ºF
- Rack design allows for thorough interior. Removable back panel houses motor and electrical components for cleaning and routine maintenance also allows for cleaning and routine maintenance.
- Outside dimensions: 17 x 19 x 16.25 inch
BioChef Savana Food Dehydrator
- “Fast” and “Normal” drying modes, allowing you to easily adjust the temperature and start the dehydration process of raw foods.
- Innovative Two-Stage Sequential Temperature Timer to automatically active ‘Warm’ mode to keep food in an optimum dehydrated state
- Dual fan technology – allows you to use two individual fan sets.
- Adjustable Thermostat 95º F to 158º F
- Option to purchase with 6, 9 or 12 Trays
- Trays are easily removed to enable you to have as many or as few trays as you like at any given time.
- Transparent glass opening door which allows you to monitor your produce without having to inturrupt the drying cycle
- Completely BPA FREE food dehydrator – Made from quality, only hardwearing BPA Free materials
- Horizontal drying which eliminates the need for tray rotation meaning precision drying everytime
- Outstanding 3 year warranty